Wednesday 17 May 2023

Wed 170523 ATTENDED AUTISM CLASS/CLAPHAM COMMON - THINKING ABOUT DOING AN ARTS COURSE...




Wed 170523

------------------------------

Table of contents-

- 10:00 AM - 2 PM ATTENDED AUTISM GROUP CLASS/CLAPHAM COMMON (SELF-REFERRAL WAS ACCEPTED)

-14:30 ACTION SPACE/ART GROUP - CLAPHAM COMMON (APPLIED)

- 15:00 LAMBETH COLLEGE: CLAPHAM CENTER/THINKING OF TAKING AN ARTS BASED COURSE THERE

- CONCLUSION: OYSTER CARD MONEY RAN OUT, COMPLETELY; HAD TO DO A LOT OF WALKING IN ORDER TO RETURN: CLAPHAM/BALHAM/STREATHAM/WEST NORWOOD

------------------------------

- 10:00 AM - 2 PM ATTENDED AUTISM GROUP CLASS/CLAPHAM COMMON (SELF-REFERRAL WAS ACCEPTED)

I saw an Autism group on Instagram; when I did further enquiries...it led me to: AutismVoice web site...

- https://www.autismvoice.org.uk/contact/

I emailed them to inquire if it would be possible to attend their Clapham Common group class; they replied to me with an email saying, yes, affirmative.

My appointment was today...between 10 AM - 2 PM. With 1 hour break from lunch.

The teacher Sonia Asiedu did already explain to me...that all of the other group members would be 'younger'.

I found it just a little bit strange being in the company of so many 'younger' Autistic people...; but, on the other hand, I didn't feel total discomfort.

You see, there are different levels of Autism...and, I suffer from AS/Asperger's Syndrome...which is, also, known as being called: HFA/High Functioning Autism.

So, I find the class lessons just a little bit 'backwards' for me to do; but, nevertheless, I tried my best to 'fit in' by doing what everybody else was doing.

-----

1> Morning exercise: Create an advertisement to sell soap. (Draw/colour in.)

-----

2> Evening exercise: Create an apron(the apron 'template' was already cut out for us)...with a pocket(the pocket being in a style of your own choosing...whether you want it to go high/or, low/how wide you want the pocket to be).

You drew on a piece of paper...what style of pocket you wanted; then, that drawing was pinned to the apron material...along with your name...ready to sew in next week.

-----

I'd like to say I made many 'new' friends; but, the truth is, to me, who's totally 'new' to this group...which, apparently, has been going on for years...everyone there still remains a 'total stranger'...???

-----

In the mean time, whenever I got bored...I practiced doing some Origami/or, drawing people from photographs that was seen hanging on the walls.

-----

In the end, I got through the lessons...without running into any major problems...for which I was really and truly, glad.

I suppose, it might have helped that I did contribute to the group...

> 50 Pastel sticks
> 100 A3 sized coloured papers
> A ream of 250 white A4 sheets

...which I offered them as a 'gift' when I first walked in.

------------------------------

-14:30 ACTION SPACE/ART GROUP - CLAPHAM COMMON (APPLIED)

- https://actionspace.org/south-london-studio/

I was aware...that Action Space...which is an art group I used to attend before many years back...when going to Morley College/(Lambeth North)...; FREE Action Space classes were held 1 day per week around Gray's Inn Road...this would be pre-Choronavirus.

The lady I spoke to said...the cost is, now, £35.00 weekly...1 x 3 hour session...they provide all of the art materials/studios themselves.

I explained that I wasn't working...so, I'm a little bit worried about being able to afford it.

The lady noted down what were my current financial circumstances...took down both my 'name/phone number' details; and, said she would get back to me.

------------------------------

- 15:00 LAMBETH COLLEGE: CLAPHAM CENTER/THINKING OF TAKING AN ARTS BASED COURSE THERE

- https://www.southbankcolleges.ac.uk/about-us/lambeth-college

I walked into Lambeth College/Clapham Center...wanting to find out what are the 'latest' art based courses going on...; and, also, is it possible for a person 60+ to join in.

They showed me to a computer...; and, allowed me to surf through the college brochure.

But, after a while, I told them, no; I'd much prefer surfing their collage brochure at home, instead...; where there is far less 'hurrying' to make your mind up involved.

You can also make 'online applications' to join...; so, I decided it might be best going that route, instead.

I noted, too...that judging from what I saw on offer...there was no 'art/draw/paint/sculpt/ceramic' courses...; instead, there was things like: photography/media: film making/-etc.

------------------------------

CONCLUSION

Today, I am happy to get back into pursuing art classes for a bit.

As to the Autism group...I think, it might just be a bit too beginner's 'basic' for me...to hold my interest for much too very long...so, already, during my first day...I'm thinking of quitting going there.

In regards to Art Space group...at £35.00 weekly...I think, a person in my own dire financial position might be far better off studying for FREE at home.

Regarding, Lambeth College/Clapham Center...I might try joining a different college...; which has art classes that I'm much more interested in joining.

In particular, I really wouldn't mind returning back to go and study with Morley College, for instance; especially, as I have a FREE 60+ bus travel pass...due to arrive in through the post.

-----

- https://photocard.tfl.gov.uk

I travelled over to Clapham using my Oyster travel card...which had the sum of £6.00 pre-loaded onto it. I recall, in order to reach Clapham, I took a mixture of: railway train/bus/-etc.

But, when I tried to use the same Oyster travel card to return all the way back home, again...I, very quickly, discovered the money was all gone...?! This 'forced' me to have to walk all the way back home...a long journey of miles...maybe, 3 miles/or, more...Clapham/Balham/Streatham/then, finally, West Norwood.

I really can't wait for my FREE 60+ bus travel card to arrive, soon; then, I won't have to pay for travelling, anymore.

As soon as I returned back home...feeling totally 'dehydrated'...; the first thing I did was to go open up the fridge...and, drink some fizzy orange juice/afterwards, I had some hot tea...with chocolate chip cookie biscuits...which, happily, refreshed me. 







No comments:

Post a Comment