Fri 210826
HENRY MILLER HOUSE, WALTHAMSTOW. CENTRAL, 97 CHURCH HILL
Went on a scouting trip to find Henry Miller house in Walthamstow, 97 Church Hill. (Have a 2 PM appointment there, tomorrow…so, wanted to be sure I can find where the place is, first.)
Walthamstow Central, is the very ‘last’ stop on the Victoria Line…/whereas, Brixton tube station is the ‘first’. So, I got on the tube at Brixton…and, around 12 stops, later…got off the tube at Walthamstow Central. That was a ‘long’ tube train journey.
I asked some guy where is Hoe Street, leading to Church Hill…; and, he pointed out the direction to go. I did a fair amount of walking up Church Hill to find it…; but, eventually I did. Then, no sooner than I’d found it…I very quickly left…; because my appointment there is not until when tomorrow comes.
———
THE WELLNESS CENTRE, EUSTON…DREW 2 SELF-PORTRAITS
Also, visited The Wellness Centre opposite Euston station. Drew 2 self portraits…took only one home with me/and, left the other one behind. Borrowed 4 self-portraits that other people drew.
At The Wellness centre, there were 2 exhibitions going on…same floor/back to back.
- Rudy Loewe, Carribean struggling with ‘mental health’ problems apparently ‘racism’ related.
- Audrey Amiss, prolific artist…exhibited at The Royal Academy of Arts. Also, a sufferer of ‘mental health’ problems.
——-
PADDINGTON, LITTLE VENICE CANALS…5 MILE WALK
Finally, visited seeing 5 miles length of Paddington Canals…also, called: ‘Little Venice’.
After walking 5+ miles…going straight from Paddington station…trying to see where does this Canal end…? I realised it doesn’t end…; just goes on and on. That’s when I decided to leave the canal path…; and, just return back home, instead.
As I was leaving I passed by Mary Seacole gardens. And,I believe I took a number 220 bus towards Willesden Train Station. From Willesden, I took a train…back home.
Sunday, 23 August 2026
Fri 210826 Henry Miller House/The Wellness Centre, Euston/Paddington 'Little Venice' canal..walked: 5+ miles
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











No comments:
Post a Comment