Wednesday 14 August 2024

Wed 140824 12:00 Midday...man came to value the house...

HOUSE VALUATION

Today, a man came to put a valuation on the house.

The valuation was free...courtesy of my old Primary school pal, Michael Thomas...who lives half way down thersame road...now-a-days, he works as being an 'estate agent'. He explained to me...that, normally, the valuation would have cost anything between £500.00-£1,000.00; but, assuming the house is to be put up for auction sale...; therefore, the valuation is being done for FREE, instead.

Anyway, the guy came...he took a number of photographs..up/down/outside...; and, also, video of the house...; then, he left.

I did try asking him...if he could give me a 'rough estimate' of what the house valuation might be...; but, he was non-commital...stating that he would need to consult the other guys about valuing the property.  He also said to me that big houses like this don't usually go up for sale.

-----

My own internal feeling is, I do NOT wish to sell off the property; because, it is a family house that we've been living in for over 1/2 a century long. I came here since I was aged 8 -(the rest of the family lived here before that)-; and, now, I'm currently aged 61; so, it would be very disappointing, indeed, to have to leave.

However, when one is 'unemployed'; then, it's not possible fix the leaky roof/and, the roof leaks in multiple places...; thus, forcing me to place down/keep on emptying out buckets...whenever it pours down rain.

The problem being, I can't see things getting any better...; instead, I can only see things getting much worse. What if...the house roof were to, quite suddenly, completely collapse...; and, I don't have any money to fix it...?! A part of the chimney is also threatening to fall down; again, I have no money to fix it...?! So,..???

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment